[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Your response to my Introduction

Greetings Meteor Obs Members

Many thanks for your comments on my questions raised in my introductory
email, I appologise if it was a bit of a ramble but it was the only way I
could think of to introduce myself properly. My thanks especially to Lew and
Malcolm who remembers my contributions from so long ago :-).
I will take up the suggestion about joining the IMO as I like to think I am
serious about meteor observing, really I always have been but work and other
things just kept getting in the way for many years and they might well do so
again as I am changing jobs and moving to Ireland at the end of September
but I hope to be in really dark site in the middle of Ireland for the
Leonids in November and I will be here in Cirencester for the Perseids the
week after next. I hope for clear skies as July was a great month in this
part of the country with clear skies for 22 nights out of 31. Unfortuntely
now that August has arrived the weather has changed with today being very
hot, humid and thundery, still it has a few days to go yet before the
Perseids.
Over the next week or so I will post my obervations done during July, still
only about 10 or 12 hours, I can't quite remember but as they are of
interest I will do so with pleasure.
I wonder if any Perseid meteors will be seen during the total eclipse on the
11th, I'm not going to Cornwall to see totality, I don't fancy sitting in a
two day traffic jam to watch two minutes of totality, instead I'll sit here
in Cirencester and watch a 97% partial eclipse weather permitting.

Cheers and clear skies

David