[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids from Turkey

Bob<<
 I understand there might be a Perseid peak around 23:00 UT on Aug.
 11.  I need further info on Perseid observation for Turkey (UT+3).  When
 can I expect earth-grazers, when Perseus rises?<<

Merhaba Bob....Where you at? Ankara? Adana perhaps? I spent a year and a half
in Ankara in the mid 60's. I wished I toured more of the country when I had
the chance...particularly along the west coast near where the Trojan wars
were fought. A lot of history to look over.

Anyhow, the first peak is suppose to occur at 23h UT on Aug 12th. For you I
believe that will end up being around 2 am local on the 13th? If any
earthgrazers show up, you should see them close to about a half hour after
sunset and until the next 1.5 hours roughly. The traditional peak will be
around 5h UT on Aug 13th. For you this will end up being around 8 am
local...after the sun comes up. Anyhow, chances of seeing a few perseid
earthgrazers will be during the first 2 hours after sunset. But with low
rates. Better hourly rates begin to show up from about 10 pm local and
getting better with each hour. The best hour should be the last dark hour
prior to sunrise.
 GeoZay