[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) IMO-NEWS: Fireball? Or Meteor? Or just a flare?

kelvin<<
    Well, it was different in that this was moving relative slower than a
sudden streak of light, but was definitely faster than an airplane, satellite
or rockets. This is because the "thing" travelled about slightly more than 10
degrees in the sky within 4 seconds or so, so I guess it should be a natural
phenomenom.
    If you say that the S. Delta Aquarid meteor shower was at its peak at
that time, then I guess perhaps I got my answer to my query...=) Thanks!<<

Judging by the speed you indicate, most likely not a S. delta Aquarid. An
alpha Caparicornid meteor would be closer to likely if a meteor.

   kelvin>> By the way, how do I subscribe to this mailing list? And do the
members in this list hold any yearly calendars for meteor showers? If you do,
can I procure one? Thanks again!! >>

I see you sent this to the list also....so it should be showing up soon and
I'm sure Lew will give you directions. Also someone will most likely email
you a shower calendar when they read your request. Welcome aboard anyways.
George Zay