[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Hello all

It's been a while since I've been on the list, nice to be back.  The
Perseids are upon us and I've been playing with a new gizmo the we
ginned up at work.  We've coupled an Image intensifier to a high res
camera and we are able to record at real time down to magnitude 8.0  On
our first night we recorded several sporadics and several perseids.  We
have an animted gif of a meteor recording posted on our web site as well
as information about the system - come take a look at
http://www.foothilldot net/~star/newscitech/starlite.html  We're working on
interfacing the camera system to a computer via real time video capture
so the we may to real time sky monitoring -  i.e. meteor counts etc...
This is too much fun...

-Cary

P.S.  Feel free to grab the animated gif for your use.