[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) FW: ["Peter A. Stinson" <pastinson@hotmail.com>]

From: "Peter A. Stinson" <pastinson@hotmail.com>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Cc: pstinson@mlca.uscg.mil
Subject: POSSIBLE FIRE BALL SIGHTED... REQUEST CORRELATING INFO ASAP
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 19:46:02 PDT

<<I apolgize for this second transmission, but my .mil account is down right
now... using an alternate email address.>>

Greetings all...

I am on watch at Rescue Coordination Center Norfolk and have just received a
report of a "possible flare."  We have multiple reporting sources from
Wilmington (North Carolina, USA) south to Charleston (South Carolina,
USA)... object was bright (no, I don't know how bright) and orange in
color... seen for approximately 2 seconds... seen to "fall" only... all
reporting sources sighted object at approximately 0145 UTC 7 August 1999...
the furthest north reporting source was at approx position 33-52N 078-29W
and saw the object in a southerly direction... if any "trained" observers
witnessed this object and can id it as a meteor or fire ball, please let me
know as soon as possible...

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

Altus tendo,
  Peter (s)
Peter A. Stinson, Lieutenant (Junior Grade)
Multi-Mission Controller,
Rescue Coordination Center Norfolk and
     USCG Atlantic Area/Fifth District Command Center
for the Western Atlantic Search & Rescue Coordinator

RCC Norfolk & Command Center:
   Phone: 757-398-6231     Fax: 757-398-6392
   E-mail: mailto:commandcenter@lantd5.uscg.mil
   Regular mail: 431 Crawford Stret, Suite 520
                 Portsmouth, VA  23704-5004
   Telex:  127775

LTJG Stinson:
   Coast Guard E-mail: mailto:pstinson@mlca.uscg.mil
   Internet address (during periods of TDY): mailto:pstinson@bigfoot.com
   Skytel pager:
       by phone -- dial 800-759-8888 PIN 12159910
       by e-mail -- mailto:1259910@skytel.com (no more than 200 characters)
       by world wide web -- surf to http://www.skytel.com/Paging/1way.html

"So that others may live."