[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) POSIBBLE NEW DUTCH METEORITE????

At 06:48 08-08-1999 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Marco,
>                   If you have any new information on the new Dutch meteor, I
>would like to publish it in the next Voyage! Magazine.  Also, I am willing to
>print the results of your meetings in Voyage, as I have dome before... could
>you please let me know?
>
>                                             Sincerely, John Wallets -
>Voyage! Magazine

Hi John,

If I have some new info and it turns out to be a meteorite, I could write
something (short I think). But I think it will take at least 2 weeks before
some results from dr Lindner's analysis will be known -it is holliday time
here and many people -not only real amateur astronomers but several
interested lay persons as well- are going to France for the eclips.

Send me a reminder after about 2 weeks at the address; marcolan@stad.dsldot nl
(my regular e-mail; I am now mailing from casper's home where I stay this
week for the campaigns). Currently, I do not have any photographs
unfortunately of either the object or the meeting at the aviation police
office. I went there straight from my work, completely unprepared (quite an
adventure; a big 4WD police car awaited me at Schiphol main terminal to
take me to Schiphol Oost), had no camera with me. I hope dr  Lindner will
be able to provide me some photo's of the object -I currently only have a
very crude newspaper photo.

Marco Langbroek
marcolan@stad.dsldot nl

Casper ter Kuile, Dutch Meteor Society (DMS)
Akker 145, NL-3732 XD, De Bilt, The Netherlands
Tel. +(31)-30-2203170, Fax. +(31)-30-2202695
GSM-BEN: +(31)-6-24242445, GSM-KPN: +(31)-6-53270844
E-mail_1: pegasoft@accu.uudot nl
E-mail_2: dms-web@wxsdot nl
DMS website: http://home.wxsdot nl/~dms-web/index.html