[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observations 8/9 August 1999

Another clear night. Again I managed to get 6 hours of clear 'dark'
sky. Tonight I observed from my neighbours backyard wihch is darker
and offers a better view of the sky.
LM ranged from +5.5 at the beginning (21:45 local, 19:45 UT), and peaked
at +6.2 at around 2:30 local. I these 6 hours I observed 80 meteors. 35 were
PER's, several CAP's and SDA's but no KCG's yet. The best of the night was
a yellow -6 Perseid fireball that shot low in the sky, minutes before midnight. It left a
nice 17 second train. Generally the meteors were faint. The second best was only
a -1.5 PER and there were less than 10 meteors in the negative magnitude range.

It looks like it'll stay clear for this night and I might join the rest of the MBK Team,
observing near Maribor.

Clear skies and good luck with the eclipse!

Jure A.