[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Discovery Channel to cover eclipse

>In a message dated 8/11/99 8:30:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>mdimuzio@cisnet.com writes:
>
>> You must, because I am watching it here in the states, although
>>  apparently, Discovery Channel Europe is covering the eclipse
>>  and are providing a feed to Discovery Channel in the US.

I have DirecTV satellite, and Discovery was carrying  the eclipse from what
looked  like a British feed. I was disappointed in the coverage, mostly
chatter and commercials with a few short looks at the eclipse.

Tuned in CNN; their coverage was much better--they had  some great shots
which were on screen long enough to see something happen, some from NASA.
They followed it across the continent.

Larry