         In Astronomical Affinity - Felix A. Martinez
From: Robert Lunsford <lunro.imo.usa@prodigy.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 08:16:58 -0700

>This is just a quick note to inform everyone that Perseid activity
picked up nicely this morning. I would guess that hourly rates have now
reached 20-25. I watched for 5 hours again this morning so I'm hoping
that I recorded at least 150 meteors. I need some sleep right now then
this afternoon I will replay the 45 minutes of tape and total the
results.

It appears that Eastern Europe and Western Asia had a nice view of the
total solar eclipse.

More Later!

Bob Lunsford