[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids Aug. 11/12, Greenbelt, Md

   Well, I had better luck than Mark, but with murky, hazy, and cloudy
conditions, I was only able to get an hour in. Anyway I did manage to
see ten meteors, from 7:53 to 8:53 UT, with 15% clouds. Nothing special,
except for one nice -1st magnitude yellow Perseid seen at 8:04 UT. Of
the seven Perseids seen, only two had trains, because of the haze. In
a darker sky, it must have been nice. Light pollution kills meteors!

 Date    Time (UT)   LM   PER   NDA   CAP   SPO   TOTAL  OBST
8/12/99  7:53-8:53   4.5   7     1     0     2     10    15% cloudy

GWG