[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observation Aug. 11/12 in NJ

Hi All,

A weird hazy night in NJ. I say its weird because while the night was not
that great the Milky Way, Double Cluster and the Andromeda Galaxy were all
naked eye. It must be some kind of thin ground fog or very large percentage
of humidity. I'll let our amateur meteorologists decipher that one.
But anyway I was able to see 17 meteors in 82 minutes of Teff and half were
PER. I was able to plot the entire night so I will study my charts to see if
any others were PER not immediately identifiable.
 I Started observing at 0500UT and had to call it quits by 0730UT.  And more
Wayne's amusement I had Mr. Know it all w/ me the entire time. At least he
had peace and quiet.  :-)

Kevin K

PS - I have an e-mail into the Discovery Channel as to why I was watching a
better way for women to get rid of excess body hair (read infomercial) than
watching the eclipse - even if Druids were dancing around ;-)   I'm sure they
will blame the local cable operator.