[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids from Israel

Hi,

Well, my report isn't finished, but here's the main
idea of what went on Yesterday.

Well, at 12.30 AM, my friends joined me after watching
"South Park" on TV. I was watching since 12, and the
shower was getting stronger and stronger by the
minute. Me and my two friends saw suddonly the tree
light up, like a car was moving it's light on it. Dman
it. I missed a Fireball. Till 1.30 AM The Shower was
very strong, but no fireballs. Then, there was an
half-hour of almost no Meteors, and suddonly we
started seeing near the horizen bright meteors and
even a few fireballs. Most were Orange Yellow.

It was magnificent. I saw very long fireballs, and one
so short, but with a lot of smoke. It was an amazing
night, and my friends will be coming for the next
Meteor shower! Ha!

Thanks, Asaf.

PS.
Where's the ASTRO List? Did I unsubscribe or something?
===
Asaf Shtull-Trauring, Amateur Astronomer