[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) SoCal Clouds

Last night was a washout except for an early halfhour obs.
session with little activity. Coastal clouds came in and was wall to
wall at checks at 12:00, 02:00 and 03:30. Cloudy at daylight too.
This year has been very cool for summer in Southern California coastal
areas, inland is better but missing the hot-hot days. We have not had
our summer clearing out of clouds by the 4th of July of most years.

     Rob Lunsford asked about sighting a trio of satellites. A similar
post on SeeSat for the trio seen at 41.85 N and 87.65W brought answers
yesterday as the NOSS E-C-D, which can be read about at:

     http://www.fas.org/spp/military/program/surveill/sbwass_n.htm

     I tried to post the text of the blue pre-meteor train twice,
either I'm doing something wrong or it's being deleted at meteorobs.

                              Dave English
                              California