[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseids From Hawaii

Bob Lunsford wrote:
> I was just thinking after I sent my last message, that if I had such
> good rates late in the morning then there is the possibility that
> observers in Hawaii may have also seen a good show. Lets hope the
> weather cooperated for Lew, Malcolm, Jim B., and Mike Morrow!

Just a quick note.  We didn't meet Jim or Mike.

Skies were brilliant from Mauna Kea Visitors Center.  The IMO LM regions
really do need to go fainter guys. (-:  One night we had dewing problems
and the LM was only +7.3 compared with ...

Haven't had time to review tapes and logs of data.  Just a guess, I saw
about 400 visual meteors in approximately 3.4h Teff Aug 13 10:50--14:50
UT.  Included was a sporadic fireball with terminal burst guessing at -9
but could have been brighter.  Left a 2 degree train for 2mins.

Lew and I did manage some simultaneous telescopic observations too.
In all I saw about 50 telescopic meteors in 6 watches totalling 3
hours.

In summary we obtained data on 10/11, 11/12, and 12/13.  More to follow.

Malcolm