[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) SoCal Clouds

Dave,

Yep, it was a wicked tease.  Hope you didn't mind too much.

> Thanks for the clarification Wayne, and Malcolm, I figured you may
> have just been pulling my telescope. My problems then must be
> addressing and may be one or two that have been bounced, so I'll try
> again in the next day or so.

I had that problem recently trying to mail Lew.

> Say, Malcolm, you don't live on that 200 square miles of Hawaii that's
> pealing off into the ocean do you? I was on Oahu in 1965, never felt
> safe for some reason, then a few years ago we find out that the
> Hawiian Islands have had periodic great landslides into the ocean over
> the last millions of years and I understood now my concern then.
> So, sleep tight, Malcolm. :>)

No peeling off around here.  Kilauea did wipe out a town and its lava
flows into the ocean.  I suppose we're due for another tsunami, a big
earthquake, and Mauna Loa to erupt.  Of more immediate concern is
Hurricane Dora.  Paradise has its price.

Malcolm