[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseids

Mark and list:

Mark, I hope to write up my Perseids report tonight or tomorrow night, and
will send it off to you as soon as I can.

Informally, I seem to have averaged about 8 - 10 Perseids per hour from 1 to
5:30 AM CDT on August 12/13 with a limiting magnitude of about 5 - 5.5.  As
others have noted, it seemed slow compared to other years.  My most active
period was from about 3 to 4:30 (8 to 9:30 UT) when I averaged a Perseid
about every 3 minutes, with some brief gaps.  After that it was like the
faucet turned off.  In contrast to some reports, I saw several meteors with
magnitudes of zero or better, with the brightest at -3.

Dave Hostetter