[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: T-max 3200 film, Questions

Ron Thompson wrote:

> In contrast to the Canon T70's, the camera I'm using is a very old
>Voigtlander Bessa on a home made tracking table.   I'm using the T
>(toggle ?) shutter position with an air type remote shutter release.  I
>prefer a basic medium format camera and would like to build my own.
>Does anyone know where I may find information on how to build or where
>to buy shutters?

Ron:
    I have made a number of meteor cameras, (most have been convered into
spectrographs), by using surplus aero lenses such as the Kodak Aero Ektars.
These lenses, in most cases don't have internal shutters as the aero cameras
they were mounted on, used focal plane shutters.  I simply use a hinge
mounted flap that covers the lens when you change plates.  I use 4X5 cut
film in standard film holders.  The dark slide in the holders cover the film
and is removed just before commensing the exposure.  You don't need a
conventional shutter.  You could even automate such a shutter by using an
occulting disk infront of the lens.  It could be switched in and out using a
selonoid type of device if you did not want to operate this make shift
shutter manually.  Such a disk shutter would not interfere with a chopping
shutter should you mount one infront of your camera for velocity studies.

Ed Majden