[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Negative Visual Report on Perseid during the eclipse

One of my observing colleagues reported that she saw a Perseid during the maximum.
She's not a member of meteorobs. At the time of the sighting she was located some 15 km
south of me ( Janoshaze, Hungary ).
But I completely agree with Franklin - one could have hit me and I wouldn't have noticed it.
I probably spent two minutes just watching the corona and the other 20 seconds to see the twilight along the horizon and to check for stars (I spotted only Venus, Mercury and Sirius - these were obvious, others were probably present but I didn't look for them).

Clear skies!

Jure A.