[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: NM naked-eye meteors+ more

Jure,

It is my understanding that the IMO measures perception by correcting
all of the parameters they receive with each report to common figure
which is an LM of +6.5, a Teff of 1.00, and an F (cloudiness and
obstruction) correction of 1.00. FOV SIZE is not a factor. Any clouds or
obstructions most certainly is. The resulting number of meteors will
reveal the perception of each observer.

In recent IMO studies of perception I have been right in the middle with
a perception near 1.0  It has been stated that the IMO has a bunch of
people with high perceptions but this seems rather unlikely as there has
been constant turnover as occurs with all groups.

Bob