[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Perseid & Leonid clouds

Jure,

I cannot enlighten you as to the dust cloud seen during high activity. I
can tell you though I read somewhere that during the height of the 1966
Leonid display the average distance between Leonid particles was a
staggering 15 miles. This would seem to indicate that satellites are
fairly safe in orbit even during the most intense displays.

Bob Lunsford