[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteor posts vs reports

To finally (I hope) beat the subject to death....
	Much as a fireball post to meteorobs is not a fireball report, a meteor
session post to meteorobs is not a "Meteor Report". A fully completed
report form, when properly filled in, provides valuable scientific
information, and is sent to one of the collecting groups. Most that are
seen here are in the NAMN's electronic format, which is forwarded by the
NAMN to the AMS, ALPO's Meteor Section, and the IMO. Meteorobs is a
dicussion forum, and completed meteor report forms are part of that
discussion, in fact, a valuable part of the information and education in
meteorics. However, meteorobs is much more than just Observation forms.
	For the newer subscribers (and we've had a lot since the Perseids
started), if you see any term used that you do not understand, please be
sure to ask what it is if you want to know! There are many here who can
help.

Wayne