[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor spectroscopy

Bruce Young wrote:

>Ok, I'm not expecting you to do my work for me but... I've got an
>assignment that requires me to look at Spectroscopy in Astronomy on the
>Internet and find a number of sites that are suitable for research purposes
>and give how, why, where etc.
>
>I though I'd include something on meteor spectroscopy. Now I can rev up the
>search engines with the best of them but I see from my brief look that Ed
>Majden (who is on this list I think) has a page on the AMS site.
>
> http://www.amsmeteors.org/spectro.html
>
>Ed, do you have anything to add that's not on your site?? Anyone else?
>
>I see from the archives that this was touched on at least 3 years ago.

Bruce:
    There is very little written about meteor spectroscopy other than in
professional papers and journals.  You could search back issues of Sky &
Telescope.  Gale A. Harvey had a paper on his NASA/LRC Faint Meteor Spectra
Patrol in 1972 if I remember correctly.  John A. Russell had an article in a
1969 issue.  Peter M. Millman had articles at this time and before that
also.
As for the Web, check the NASA sites as they have some info on the Leonids.
The sites often have pointers to other related sites, ie: the IAU Meteor
Section, the IMO, the Dutch Meteor Society, the BAA etc.  I don't have the
url's infront of me but I'm sure if you use a search engine you can find
them.

Cheers:  Ed Majden - AMS Meteor Spectroscopy