[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Daylight Meteor Over LA?

Dave English wrote:

> I've e-mailed the radio station for a clarification on the
> reported daylight meteor. Live coverage of rescue opperations at a
> theam park during the regular evening news disrupted any planned
> reporting of the days events, so it could have been bumped if the
> report was correct. I was doing my e-mail when news of the just
> occurred daylight meteor was broadcast so I just sent it along.
>
>                                Dave English

KNBC (NBC affiliate in LA) did a story in the afternoon.  They went to
Griffith to interview one of the staff.  The interviewed an eyewitness,
who described seeing a whitish trail.  Then, they showed that footage
from the recent New Zealand daylight meteor (which had the smoke debris
& boom).