[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Perseid Meteors with HandyCam

Hi folks:

     My first post here. Just wonder how much can you do by point your
Hi-8 handycam to capture meteors? On the recent Perseids Meteors show
8/12-13, I manage to find 2 meteor trails within 1 seconds of each
other( one very faint)  in our 5-hours early AM watch for the shower in
LM4 - light polluted sky in Singapore.
    I miss these during the first tape viewing. The trick is to view in
bigger TV screen and with audio also(background Ah! and Woo!). The
images however are  not great but managed to discern a classic first
flare follow by second bright flare ( explosion) and a terminal flash in
avi stream play-back.
     I am using TRV99E in low lux mode..

    rgds
    ykChia