[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leoind storm accounts

>> when my son let out that unmistakable "meteor yell".
>
> boy am I familiar with the "meteor yell".

That's a good phrase, John and Gregg. :) Actually, I also had to
watch last year's Leonid Fireball Shower through broken clouds. This
was with Norm McLeod - see my previous post on that trip for details:

    http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/msg11658.html

(This was titled "Falling Stars and Mosquitoes: Leonids '98 Florida".)

Anyway, at one point during the night, we observed a -12 fireball (my
first officially logged event of nearly that brightness), and the sound
I emitted was somewhat closer to a "Meteor YEEEEEHAW!". ;>

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer