[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: astronomy education+more

Subject:        	(meteorobs) Re: astronomy education+more

Hi Norm & the Group!!

> Astronomy should have been a required course in high school throughout this
> century.  Then maybe a small dent could have been made in the vast public
> ignorance about this subject.  Students only see it as a short unit in
> general science, maybe at two or three different grade levels.  I got my
> start in 4th grade with one such unit.

It may not be to late, do not give up hope. Astronomy is now  required
portion of the grade 9 and 11 cirriculum in Ontario schools now. Also
in the primary grades they have a portion of astronomy/physics in all
grades, but grade 6 I believe has a large portion.

Kim (XX)