[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Wednesday reentry US West

>'MeteorObs' is set up so your reply goes to the whole list. You
>have to manually copy the other address in place of 'meteorobs'.
>
>Lew, why *is* MeteorObs set up that way; every other reflector
>I'm on sets replies to the individual sender?

This is actually an option which can be set in the config file
for the 'meteorobs' list, Steve: due to subscriber feedback, it
was set up to always reply to the whole list some years back...

This is much more convenient for threads which are meant to be
carried on via the list - presumably the norm for a disucssion
forum like 'meteorobs'. However, if it is a nuisance for some
to have our list configured this way, feel free to voice your
concerns to me in private at the following address:

        owner-meteorobs@jovian.com

If enough people complain, we may change it back at some point!

Clear skies,
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>