[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) PLEA FOR RADIO METEOR OBSERVER IN THE SEATTLE AREA.

        Note to VE7DXG, this is in response to this  message posted on the
meteor obs list:

>        Seems like an odd request, why not someone in the Vancouver area?  I
> have no doubt that there is someone in British Columbia on the list who either
> does meteor scatter or knows someone who does.
>

> Ron (in Gander)
>
> Chris Riley wrote:
>
> > Tomorrow's World - the BBC's weekly science magazine show is filming in
> > Canada at the moment where we are doing a story on using meteors to reflect
> > low frequency radio signals for Ambulance communications.   We are looking
> > for a meteor observer in the Seattle area who might have equipment to
> > monitor meteors using radio frequencies too, who could demonstrate the
> > principle.  Does anyone have any suggestions?
> >
> > Chris.
> >
> > Dr Christopher Riley, Assistant Producer, Tomorrow's World,
> > Room 4513, BBC Science, 201 Wood Lane, White City, London W12 7TS tel: +44
> > 181 752 6627 fax: +44 181 752 6908 mobile: +44 956 359 810

        I know they're there, but I'm having little luck with the webpages.  Try
this for starters:

        http://www.seasidedot net/ve7dxg/

        Once there click on: Meteor scatter and tropo sounds

        This takes you to a page where you can select wave files from radio
contacts with
        different stations.  Try k7yvz and when this page opens pick a larger
wave file such as
         k7yvz3.wav or k7yvz4.wav  It doesn't sound like much.

        You might try e-mailing Mr Horvath, his e-mail address as listed in the
Amateur
        Radio databases as:
        ve7dxg@seasidedot net

        I hope he doesn't mind me posting this, I'll probably hear from him if
he does as
        I've CC'd him a copy of this.