[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Brief Flashes-Cherenkov Radiation

Please excuse the couple of mistakes I made on my last post, it
was done in a hurry.

       I looked up Cherenkov radiation on Yahoo and checked into about
four sites there, some of it was very technical far beyond my
abilities (physicists would enjoy it). As for a color, most of the
sprites and elves that have been recently recognized (ten years), are
colorful forms of electromagnetic radiation that we most often see as
white light, the color gets washed out but I don't know if Cherenkov
radiation suffers the same fate or if they are visible from the
ground.

      One of my ideas about the what was causing the low lights I had
seen was bioluminescence. That caused quite a row between myself and a
few others here, but I was just reporting what I had seen and trying
to propose why it was there.

       Joe, the post I listed on the last post for you to check was
sent on 30 Jan. 1999. What would happen if we had too much
microorganisms in the atmosphere? Global cooling? We have been cool on
the left coast this year.

                               Dave English