[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: meteorobs-digest V3 #126

I was out viewing the aurora tonight here in northcentral PA.
We had pale green "curtains" and some reddish areas.

Anyway, while I observed the sky only one meteor made an appearance, but it
was a decent one: relatively slow-moving (lasted 3 seconds), and bright as
Jupiter. It started at Polaris and went due west ending about 25 degrees up
from the horizon. It left a brief train in its wake, and fluctuated in
brightness as it burned, but was bright white in color. It was reminiscent
of Geminids I've seen.

I was wondering if this one came from a known radiant.
I'm not experienced enough to determine this.
The time of viewing was approximately 10:30 EDT.

Thanks for any feedback...
terry

Follow-Ups: References: