[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Cold weather comment...

When I was in high school in balmy California (well, northern California),
my dainty toes were chilled by the cool breezes, so I went to the local
appliance store and got one of the cardboard boxes they ship refrigerators
in.  It even had a nice plywood backing. I laid this box down on a couple
of masonry blocks to give some tilt, then cut a big hole at face level,
covered it with a big chunk of glass, stole my mom's hair dryer, and set it
up by my feet under a wooden box on which I "sat". Ah, comfy meteor
observing! The window never even misted up, because I left a small air gap
between it and the box.

   Failing in that, perhaps you could find a used coffin somewhere, cheap,
or dig one up on the Internet....

Chris