[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Information please

I use 'xephem' software on Linux - both the software and the operating system
are freeware. The program is very nice and can do exactly what you want
by adjusting the upper/lower limiting magnitude of its display. It could
be found from

http://www.ClearSkyInstitute.com/xephem/xephem.html

I think that there is a similar software 'ephem' by the same author (?)
and can also be found there around, and that is for Windows. And there
should be some other Windows softwares which you would know from others
soon from meteorobs. I have no idea on which one is the best. Some Chinese
observers recommend SkyMap. I guess many of those could be found under
Minor Planet Center's web page on asteroid/comet orbits...

Clear skies, Jin

--
Jin Zhu                           | Tel.: +86-10-62759888, 62756612 (O)
Beijing Astronomical Observatory  |       +86-10-62579689 (H)