[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Question on the Apex thing

Regarding the Apex meteors:

I just hate being ignorant, but after all these years I should at least be
starting to get used to it by now...  I can't seem to figure out how the
apex thing works.  Would Kim or someone please take a moment and explain
for me the mechanics of this.  I can imagine a sort of statistical trend
from the direction of the Earth's motion, (eg more meteors in the morning
than in the evening) but since things aren't just standing still out there
waiting for us to zoom through them, I can't easily imagine a sharp radiant
there.  Is this what is being referred to, or have I missed the point
entirely?  Is this some sort of Earth specific NEO family or a chance
encounter thing? Since I think I may have seen some of these things myself
I would greatly appreciate a bit (or a lot) of an education on this subject.

Much Appreciate hearing from those who have seen the light on this.

Cheers

Jim Wray