[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: sky measuring sticks+reentry+more

Chris,

On your proposed recording system,

>The whole point of the computer arrangement is that it allows precise
>recording of all individual data. The timings should be close enough to
>permit identification of common sightings of individual meteors. Thus, I
>expect to have the best of both worlds.

will each observer have a microphone for recording data?  It still isn't
clear to me how this will be done.  I still don't see the need to know how
many different meteors were seen as this can't be used to determine
individual rates.  Groups in the past have used this method but I find it to
have serious flaws.  The two observers with the highest perception control
the final result.  Place them back to back and you get the highest reduced
rate ; place them adjacent to minimize it.  To get individual meteor rates,
just do them in the first place !

Norman

Norman W. McLeod III
Asst Visual Program Coordinator