[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Meteor plotting example

Bob Lunsford wrote:
>Anyone who would like a sample of recent meteor plots on Atlas Brno
>charts can contact me privately. I will send a sample of raw plots...

Thanks for offering to share some of your plots, Bob! Note by the way,
that Bob uses the same plotting charts that most of us now use. The
"Atlas BRNO" charts which are reproduced by the International Meteor
but also have the advantage that they're reproduced at standard scale
and aspect ratio - which is invaluable for those analyzing your plots!

Consider getting the complete master set of the 12 Altas BRNO charts,
either from Bob or some other IMO representative, or by obtaining the
IMO's "Visual Meteor Observing Handbook" - a good investment anyway!

NOTE: Some expert meteor "old-timers" use charts different from the
Atlas BRNO charts: These folks often do their own plot analyses, so
they are truly a special case... You know who you are! :)

Clear skies and happy plotting!
Lew Gramer

Follow-Ups: References: