[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Big Leonid Train Lit Up

Rob,

     I don't see any reason for confusion here, I'm talking about the
big train left by the -16 to -19 meteor. To me it disapeared after 1
1/2 minutes but George said it was there for 8 1/2 minutes from his
vastly superior observation site. During the time that it was still
there, but invisible to me, it was hit by another meteor, without any
visible track in or out, or it experienced an electromagnetic
discharge within the large cloud/train because whatever it was, it lit
up the formerly invisible (from my poor site) train from within, just
like a thunderhead with internal lightning, illuminating the structure
of the train that was still large at that time. After the internal
light, the train again couldn't be seen from my location though it was
still there.

     I just thought that it was unusual and should be noted as I
hadn't reported this event in previous discussions. I had hoped you or
George had seen the cloud light up again so you could inform me of
what you saw from your angle fifty or more miles to my SE.

                                       Dave English