[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Noctilucent Meteor Trains?

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 14:56:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser@yahoo.com>
Subject: Noctilucent Meteor Trains?
To: meteorobs@jovian.com

Can't find it, but there was a recent thread regarding
last years Leonids.  The observer stated that he saw a
persistent train fade and then re-illuminate(?)

Instead of being caused by reflected light, could the
"reappearing train" have been the result of turning
noctilucent?

Below is a recent post on another discussion group
regarding "glowing clouds" after the 1908 Tunguska
event: