[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) First October Observations

David, are you refering to the "Bielid" shower of 19th Century storm fame? I'd
be surprised to find that that shower was still displaying activity as early as
October 2! I've never seen any myself, though other observers with more hours
under their belt may be able to confirm SOME activity from this long-dormant
shower! Have you made your plots for that night available to any of the Meteor
Organizations? I imagine if you HAVE seem a glimmer of activity from such a
historical shower, it will take careful analysis of your plots to confirm.

Clear skies, and thanks for sharing your observations!

Lew Gramer