[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Current Gia-Draconid position

Kim -

>     I was wondering if anyone could give me tonight's (10-05/06)
>radiant position for the Draconids in RA and dec only.  I have a visual
>chart (thanks Bob) but it shows the peak date only.

Just pulled out my printout of the IMO 99 calendar... in Table 3, gives
radiant on Oct 10 only, at 262 degrees, ie. RA 17h 28m, Dec +54.

In the writeup on Draconids, gives max as Oct. 9, 03h UT, lists the same
position... and lists the radiant drift as negligible!  So... just go with
that position!

- Cathy