[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Current Gia-Draconid position

Thanks Kim,

I'm going to observe GIA tonight and I want to confirm this shower activity
too.  Many Japanese observer witnessed the characteristic GIA's meteors in
1985 and 1998, so we can find it easy if GIA's meteors appear.  But, it
will be rainy tonight.

In addition, A witness of GIA's meteors appeared.  He is a biginer(high
school student) but he found GIA's shower last year.

Clear skies,  Takema

On Wed, 06 Oct 1999 05:17:19 -0400
"Kim S. Youmans" <ksyo@pinelanddot net> wrote:

>      I was wondering if anyone could give me tonight's (10-05/06)
> radiant position for the Draconids in RA and dec only.  I have a visual
> chart (thanks Bob) but it shows the peak date only.  It may clear here
> tonight and I plan on observing if it does.   I found Takema's report of
> early activity most interesting.
> Kim S. Youmans

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto, Takema
Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)