[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Meteor Summary: Oct 6/7, DAVMA

For the first time in a long while, the humidity, heat and clouds have left,
leaving me with completely clear skies with no haze. Schedules and time
cards had to be in early this morning at work, so unfortunately I had to
observe from my nearby site. As a result, LM's were only in the mid-5's, but
that is not too bad from Sullivan's Island.

I got about 3 hours Teff starting at around 0000 hours Universal Time. No
fireballs observed/no Giacobinids (Draconids) were plotted either. Another
"light" night from my perspective - haven't listened to the tape yet...but
maybe a dozen meteors or so. Kim Youmans down in Georgia should have had
good weather too, so I look forward to seeing what he had going.

Due to family commitments, I will be unable to observe again until Saturday
night. By then, the current weather forecast is for some clouds, so will
have to wait and see.

Clear skies!

Mark Davis
S. Carolina