[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Fw: Forecast Calls for Exciting Leonids Meteor Shower

Rob McNaught wrote:

> I'm afraid I won't have time to reply for a few days.  Unfortunately the
> full details have not appeared in a popular glossy (like Astronomy and S&T
> to their shame), but have in WGN, Sky and Space (Australia) and an Irish
> journal.  I'll ask David Asher if he has details on his web page

  What do you think, has the astronomical community accepted your theory
enthusiastically or sceptically, or is it more of a "wait and see"-attitude?

  Asher's web page seem to have a plot for year 2002, what I was looking
for.  And according to it, Europe should have older dust trail peak and
U.S.A. fresher one in that year.

  I try to get my hands on some of those puplications.  I think this theory
is excellent and want to find out more; of no fit years (years that should
have been storms according to dust trail theory) and how the first storm
in 902 is explained, whether the comet's first passing inside Earth's orbit
in 868 fits with the dust trail theory.

Markku Vanamo