[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd: Can you believe it

------- Forwarded Message

To: meteorobs@jovian.com
From: "Kim Hay" <kimhay@kingstondot net> (via Lew Gramer)
Subject: Can you belive it
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 07:40:44 -0400

Good Morning everyone!!

I had planned on a gorgeous night of observing, I went out earlier and
looked at Jupiter and Saturn through the scope, and familiarized
myself with the sky again, its been awhile since I last observed.

Well, everything is put in one spot to get up and go, so off to bed I
went. Alarm goes off at 3:00 am, dressed I get ready to bound out the
door, I look through the window, my eyes must be deceiving me, and
rush outside the door, yes, there is was like a wall, FOG. As thick as
pea soup, ahhh......

Well, the only things visible were Jupiter, Saturn, and the brightest
stars to 1st mag. Nothing else, half the constellations were missing.

So, in I go, disappointed to heck... there is always tonight.

Kim
Moonlight Cascade Observatory/BBS
44.28.28.9N 76.29.45.9W
Astronomy-RASC,SARA,ALPO/AAVSO/IDA