[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids

"Arlene C. Brill" wrote:

> and can someone please tell me from what direction the leonids will
> appear this year? is it the same as last year? i think not...last year,
> starting at around 11 pm local time, i saw my first leonids coming from
> the east and almost parallel with the horizon. of course, as the night
> wore on, they rose higher in the sky. from what direction will they
> appear this year? i believe the optimim time is 3 am...on WHICH
> night (which morning?)... i almost missed them last year because
> of the confusion...is it 3 am on the 17th of November this year??

Arlene,

Why would you feel the direction would change? It will be exactly the
same as last year except for the fact that a waxing gibbous moon will be
low in your western sky at 11pm. Once the moon sets it will be nice and
dark and hopefully you will witness an even better show than last year.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford