[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) OT: SETI @ Home

Hey Wayne,

I've been running SETI@home for a while on a 266 also. My times are down
to around 22hrs/unit. The trick is to turn the screen display off, when
in screen save mode, and to reduce the number of other tasks that
Windoze is constantly running in the background. Look in your StartUp
menu, and remove the tasks that have no meaning for you. Then go to the
SETI preferences, and change the settings to go to a blank screen as
soon as the screen saver goes on. I like to leave it a minute or two, so
I can see what's happening. Periodically I'll call up the program just
to look at the pretty bars :-)

g'luck with it.
Robert.

PS. I'm already on a team (sluggy-freelance), otherwise you could have
my 80 blocks too!