[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Giacobinids enhanced activity was definitely observed in Japan.

Hello Kim

Thanks and welcome to my web site.  How do you like one?  Most contents
of my web site are written in Japanese.  I want to make the same
contents written in English too, however it is very hard for me to
translate in English.  Therefore, sevral contents which I wish to tell
you translate in English.

Xi Cetids is a one of minor shower.  The duration of this shower extends
>from October 8 to 16.  The peak seems to occur on October 10 from a
radiant of RA=32, Dec=+9.  The maximum is about HR=5.  The meteor is
slow.  This shower was observed by Takaaki Haraguchi on October 1 to 13,
1969 for the first time and the peak was about CHR=15.  After that, this
shower has been observed by visual observation and caught by TV double
station and the orbit was detected in 1993.  As a result, its orbit is
similar to STA.  However, I didn't find the activity of connecting STA.
I was able to fill in the gaps for STA by our visual observation.  I may
suppose that Xi cetids is a one of the Taurid complex.  I may think that
IMO's Taurids consists of three stream, Pscicids, Cetids and Taurids. Xi
Cetids corresponds to a Octover part of IMO's Taurids.

To change the subject, I was able to witness GIA's this year too.  I'm
very glad to meet this meteors.  I have witnessed it for 4 years, in
1985,1997-1999.  I observed for it every year, when the observation
condition was good.  But I have not seen it until recently without the
year which parent comet returned in 1985.  I suppose that GIA
incleasingly evolves from periodic to usual.

Clear skies,  Takema.

On Sat, 16 Oct 1999 08:23:46 -0400
"Kim Hay" <kimhay@kingstondot net> wrote:

> Date sent:      	Thu, 14 Oct 1999 00:35:31 +0900
>
> Hello Takema and friends!!
>

> > See the following URL.
> >
> >   http://www.din.or.jp/~thashi/Inf1999_10_GZ_E.htm
>
> I visited the website, and could I ask what shower the below is?
>
> Xi-Cet| 1 2 1| 4|4.00|5.5-5.8|
>
> Is this a small obscure shower, that is not listed in known places?
>
> Curious?
>
> Congratulations on your observations Takema, I living in Canada, did not
> observe any GIA's.
>
> Kim

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto, Takema
Minor Meteor Shower Circular(MMSC)