[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Radio observation + Linearids

Hello Jure,

I got some informations next about "Linearids". I knew somethings
(informations from your mail) about it already last time.
Linearids are not periodic, even wee may seen no meteors from this
shower.
Somebody counted, the trajectory of C/1999 J3 is near (about 0.003
AU) from the Earth's trajectory. More, comet is in the ascending node
only 40 days before Earth, so we may some meteors seen.
The radiant possition should be near Beta UMi and geocetric velocity
about 48 km/s.
I read, time of peek should happen 11. November about 21:45 UT. But
elements of comet's trajectory was changed from that time.
Do you know, when may we see some Linearids' meteors? (when should
happen the peek now?)

Some comments now:
1) There is very little chance, that we seen some mateors of this
shower.
2) I can English very very bad and more in my vocabulary are only
few words. So I am sorry for many mistake in grammar. :-((

                                            Michal