[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Wavy "telescopic" meteor photo

At 02:56 PM 1999-10-18 -0700, Joseph Assmus wrote:
>	Query:  Are wavy meteoric trajectoies more probable thru a scope
>or binocs??  Malcolm??

As I recall, when this came up last winter during post-Leonid discussion,
everybody eventually said they'd never actually seen a meteor trail that
was anything other than straight initially. Of course, we've all seen
trails that have been distorted by upper atmosphere winds; but that effect
appears several seconds or longer after the trail first appears.

SteveH
Shrewsbury MA

Follow-Ups: References: