[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonid max

Jure,

A double maximum is highly doubtful for this year. Last year the
outburst of fireballs was caused by large particles located relatively
near the parent comet Temple-Tuttle. Now that the comet is much further
away so too are most of the large particles. The peak near 2 UT on the
18th should be the only outburst seen. I would expect this outburst to
be rich in numbers but on the faint side.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford