[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Cetids

Takema,

This area of the sky is very interesting this time of year. I believe
that your two Cetid radiants are related to the overall Taurid complex
which is now situated in eastern Pisces, southern Aries, and northern
Cetus. Experienced observers who plot are able to dissect the many
radiants that are active simulteanously in this part of the sky. For
those new to meteor observing and to plotting I would suggest labeling
these meteors as October Arietids as the complex is in fact centered in
the constellation of Aries during October. Other groups designate these
as North or South Taurids which is fine as it is in fact the same
shower. This suggestion is just trying to help the new people who are
going to ask why is the Taurid radiant located in Aries and not Taurus.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford

"Hashimoto, Takema" wrote:

> Hi Kim(XX) and Kim(XY)
>
> I'm glad to have interest in Cetids.  I may think that this shower
> corresponds to Southern Arietids (Wright and Wipple, 1950).  After this,
> I will study the relation between Xi Cetids and Gamma Cetids, even
> Taurids.
>
> I clearly catch the distinction between two Kim.
> ...and I may catch the sign of "XX" and "XY".
>
> Clear skies,  Takema.

Follow-Ups: References: